...And What to Do About Them
Signs of Burnout
1. You feel physically and emotionally drained.
2. You find yourself isolating because it’s hard pretending that you are fine around others.
3. You have begun to lose interest in things that used to bring you joy.
4. You feel “on edge” a lot of the time.
5. You feel irritated with your clients, colleagues, your loved ones and with yourself.
What Can You Do About It?
1. Practice deep breathing. Inhale slowly, hold, exhale completely. Allow your mind to focus on the sensation of breathing.
2. Establish Boundaries for your time and energy: Remember that even healers and caregivers need to practice self-care.
3. Schedule an appointment with your primary care physician.
4. Seek professional help with a licensed therapist.
5. Rest: schedule your vacation
For more tips on how to manage your anxiety, follow the Healing Hearts Blog.
Written by: Hazel Navarro, LICSW